Omni La Costa's South Course has undergone a complete renovation, and is ready to reopen as the "Legends Course," with resort guest play available starting November 17.
Under the direction of the Champions Course architects, Pascuzzo & Pate Golf Design, the renovation project will affect all 18 holes while maintaining the classic Dick Wilson-Joe Lee design. The multifaceted makeover includes a complete reconstruction and redesign of all 18 greens, as well as a thorough resurfacing of tee complexes, all-new bunkering and the planting of paspalum turfgrass in the fairways.
Once complete, the Legends Course will be more spacious than the Champions Course, with a more open look, while providing a complementary set of strategic challenges and a variety of visual encounters.
- Bentgrass greens to be redesigned and enlarged from average of 3,000 square feet to an average of 5,000 square feet
- Greens at the first, 12th, 15th and 17th holes to be relocated
- Every bunker is being redesigned and reconstructed, complete with new drainage and sand (numerous bunkers to be removed)
- Tees are being rebuilt and reshaped to provide more space
- Fairways will feature "golfer-friendly" paspalum - a salt-water tolerant grass that provides favorable, cushioned lies - and will be widened